Hi there, I'm Alexander Stanuga, a Sydney based Graphic and Web Designer. I'm a friendly and reliable person who's easy to work with, I pride myself on good communication, creative thinking, attention to detail and working hard to get the best results for any given project.
I love experimenting with typography and collecting new fonts to play with, and with recent advancements in web typography I'm really excited about what the future hold's in regards to @fontface, Adobe's type kit and Google's web font API.
I work on Mac in Adobe Creative Suite (currently CS6), in particular; Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, and I'm currently exploring Fireworks as a tool for high fidelity website comps and web graphics. I am a self taught and capable front-end Web Designer with experience coding WordPress themes in HTML, CSS and PHP. I also have experience managing website content across several back end CMS platforms, including Kentico, Communique, WordPress and ModX.
If I sound like the Designer you're looking for, and would like to get in touch, please head over to my contact page for more. This year (2013) my availability is limited due to study commitments.
Shimano Fishing Australia - February 2011 to April 2012
In-House Graphic/Web Designer and Marketing
As a newly established role, my responsibilities included the initiation of workflow procedures, traffic management and the implementation of corporate branding and other working processes. The position required working alongside the Marketing manager to produce all visual communication for both online and print.
- Corporate ID management and implementation
- POS Artwork for swingtags and packaging
- Website maintenance and SEO implementation using: Communiqué, Blue Martini & WordPress
- Social media design and management; Design for Facebook, Twitter & Youtube
- Creation of videos for online social media promotion
- Design, Development (HTML,CSS) & management of EDM’s (HTML emails) through Campaign Monitor
http://www.shimanofish.com.au - Corporate website
http://www.shimanoshack.com.au - Active marketing site
http://www.facebook.com/Shimano.Fish - Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/user/shimanoaustralia - Youtube Chanel
Hired out as a freelance Graphic Designer to established design companies in Sydney.
Specialist Fitness Sydney - 2008/09
Complete business identity design which included; branding, logo, stationary, uniforms, window signage, flyers, website (design and development).
Outback Revisited Sydney- 2007
Website design for an outback artist retreat.
Cat Media Sydney - July to October 2006
Artworking, layout design and image re-touching.
Cityscape Digital London - March to September 2005
DTP page layout and image re-touching.
Programs & Applications:
- Panic Coda:
- Premiere Pro:
- Acrobat Pro:
- Day (Adobe) Communique:
- Campaign Monitor:
- Blue Martini:
Drawing, (concept visualisation) Watercolour & Oil Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking and Photography
- 2013 - University of Technology Sydney - Bachelor of Teaching in Secondary Education for Visual Arts
- 2009 - National Art School, Sydney, Australia – Bachelor of Fine Art (Painting Major)
- 2005 - St. Oswalds School of Painting, London, UK - Foundation year of Painting Degree
- 2004 - Hornsby TAFE, Sydney, Australia - Diploma of Graphic Design
- 2009 - Exhibited in the National Art School Degree Show
- 2009 - William Fletcher Foundation Artist Grant
- 2008 - Exhibited in the Mosman Art Prize
- 2008 - Exhibited in the House of Phillips Fine Art Drawing Prize
- 2002 - Notable Entry: Design Graphics student cover competition
- 1999 - Art Express: Exhibited in the Art Gallery NSW, appeared on Channel 10 (Aus) promoting the event
- 1999 - 1st place Visual Arts year 12 HSC
- 1997 - 1st place Visual Arts year 10 SC
Australian War Memorial - website